Sims Not Loading In Windowed Mode

by AnnaSoanes

Original Post

Sims Not Loading In Windowed Mode

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Pet Stuff, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Stranger Ville, Dine out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on windowed mode, leave the game, re open the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will not load, only remain in windowed mode, the screen white and playing the loading music.
What do you expect to see? The menu screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve been playing the Sims 4 for a few years now, and I’ve run into a problem with windowed mode. Every time I go on the game, turn to windowed mode, then leave, the next time I open the game it will of course be in windowed mode, but after showing the title opening the screen will go white, then the game minimises, but when I open it again it’s just white, playing the opening music, but won’t do anything for hours. I’ve tried entering the full screen code whilst in this mode, but that doesn’t work, and neither does f4. If anyone knows how to get the game back onto full screen without going to the game settings it would be much appreciated as I cannot load by game to reach settings. 

Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)

Re: Sims Not Loading In Windowed Mode

Hero

HI @AnnaSoanes 

you can change it in the options.ini file.

Use method 2 described here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)