Re: Sims Medieval Redeem Code From Disc Version

by ChaosDoggo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Medieval Redeem Code From Disc Version

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello EA Help.

So recently I had the idea to re-install my CD-ROM version of The Sims Medieval.

After installing it and updating it, the game wouldn't launch. So I uninstalled it and tried to see if I could download it with Origin.

When I saw the ''Redeem A Code'' option and saw I could enter my product code of the disc I got excited.

When I entered the product code it did found the game, but it said I couldn't redeem it on Origin and had to go to an other site.

The site: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

When I was there tried to redeem it under the ''Redeem a Code'' tab.

The problem is, the field where I had to fill in the code only had 4 squares, while the product code I had has 5 squares.

I tried to switch to my country [I first tried it on United States settings and switched to Netherlands] but this didn't help.

I also tried to type in the code in different ways, but this didn't help.

What can I do to activate the game on my Origin?

A little update: This also happened trying to redeem Battlefield Bad Company 2, also to the same website.

[If this is the dutch forum again, I am sorry but my settings are in English.]

Message 1 of 15 (8,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team
Hi @ChaosDoggo,

Sorry for the confusion, try this page to register The Sims Medieval game: https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html Wink

'Redeem a code' is the page to redeem Store codes, but those codes are shorter.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 cannot be redeemed in thesims3.com website, if redeeming this code in Origin is giving you issues, please, contact one of our advisors, so they can check what's going wrong >> https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=battlefield-bad-company-2-ultimate-edition&platform=pc&ca...

Let us know if you have any more questions Standard smile
-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (8,775 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team
Hi @ChaosDoggo,

Sorry for the confusion, try this page to register The Sims Medieval game: https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html Wink

'Redeem a code' is the page to redeem Store codes, but those codes are shorter.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 cannot be redeemed in thesims3.com website, if redeeming this code in Origin is giving you issues, please, contact one of our advisors, so they can check what's going wrong >> https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=battlefield-bad-company-2-ultimate-edition&platform=pc&ca...

Let us know if you have any more questions Standard smile
-Mai
Message 2 of 15 (8,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai

Thank you for the link, I succesfully redeemed my game and downloaded it!

However there is one more problem.

When I try to click the link for the Battlefield Bad Company 2 and take the ''Chat'' option I just get a white block in a tab.

I added a picture to show what I mean.

I waited 15/20 minutes every time I tried it (Which 2/3 times)

I also tried manually but I can not find the game, I also somehow accidently made two cases.

I haven't tried the ''Call'' option but that is because I just don't like the make phonecalls in general.

Message 3 of 15 (8,062 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @ChaosDoggo,

That's definitely not normal Frown Could you try using another browser to open the chat? Or disabling your browser extensions? Some extensions may cause issues with the connection.

Let us know if that helps Standard smile
-Mai
Message 4 of 15 (8,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, i have the same problem, but following the link to register my sims medieval game did not work. It just keeps saying that the register code did not work. I am not sure what to do, because the game does not want to download from the disc either.
Message 5 of 15 (7,807 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Vern1998,

Sorry to read that, let me try to help:

Is it telling you the code was already used? If so, keep in mind you would need to use the account you originally redeemed it into to download the game - no need to register it again.

If that doesn't help - then please, let us know which is the exact error message you are getting. Screenshots are always helpful! Standard smile

Thanks, and welcome to the forums!
-Mai
Message 6 of 15 (7,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The codes you can enter unlock some new throne rooms and some clothes. I found them on some website and have used them and they work so here they are [edited]

As a bonus here is the strategy guide one [edited].

Comment: Codes removed. Please remember to not post information such as activation keys on public forum - EA_Ataashi

Message 7 of 15 (7,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I know this post is from a while ago, but I had the same issue as the original poster to this. 

I'm trying to install The Sims Medieval. I've tried to register my Sims Medieval Games on the register site (I've got the base game and the expansion disk copy versions) But It says the codes are Invalid. I usually did register the disk copies of the sims game back in the day, and remember doing it so back in 2011 for these games. So that could be why the codes are not working. 

I still use the same account I redeemed them on, but yet it still doesn't show on my account that I own the Medieval games and I cannot install them on origin unless I pay for them again.. I wondered if you could help me?

Kind Regards.

Message 8 of 15 (7,526 Views)

@ThisOneIsBiotic  Once a code has been redeemed, it's tied to that one account.  So that error isn't a surprise, even though you're using the same account as before.  And if you registered the codes through the old Sims 3 site, Origin should have that information as well.  I don't know why the game isn't showing up.  Do you have any filters in Origin that would be limiting what you see in your library?

If you can't find any evidence of Medieval in your game library, you'll need to contact EA customer support to have someone on that end look at your account.  It would help to have photos of the discs and their cases and inserts on hand as proof of purchase.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 15 (7,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for the reply and information. 

I will contact EA support. I have checked my origin settings and do not have any filers on. Just found it strange. I have problems with my account before not showing a game I had redeemed with a code and I contacted EA support for this, So I will do it again for this issue! Standard smile

Kind Regards,

- L

Message 10 of 15 (7,503 Views)