by Thalarian1

Original Post

Sims Leave Date Immediately / Vendors Respawn Constantly

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Bowling Night, Discover University, Parenthood, Movie Hangout Stuff
What happens when the bug occurs? Date Sims leave immediately/Vendors despawn/respawn
What do you expect to see? Normal date and event activities
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I did but removed them all. Issue persists.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've seen this issue a lot amongst players but never seen a specific fix. Basically I'm running into an issue where my Sim will get invited out on a date by an NPC. Immediately upon arrival, the date details will show, as will the NPC, but immediately they leave and the date details disappear. I've confirmed that the NPC has no job or anything like that. This happens for multiple NPCs and never one specific.

Additionally at the same time, the vendors at festivals/events have stopped managing their stalls consistently. The stalls will be open for a moment but the vendor Sim will suddenly leave, despawn, spawn again, come back to the stall for a brief period of time and then the cycle repeats.

I've used Mods in the past, including some of the most popular like MC Command Center and WickedSims, and there was never an issue before. Unfortunately as of about a week and a half ago (Before the latest patch), this suddenly started happening. Now even with removed mods, I still run into issues. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed weird formatting for easier reading

Message 1 of 6 (1,601 Views)

Re: Sims Leave Date Immediately / Vendors Respawn Constantly

★★ Novice

Bumping to see if anyone has any insight.

Message 2 of 6 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Thalarian1 Actually, I'm seeing this as well. I came here looking for this issue since three times in a row now, a sim has invited mine out on a date. And unless I interact with said sim immediately upon arrival, the sim will just up and leave. The "event" info only says "go on a date" (probably not accurate but something like that) and the little timer button, but with no goals/tasks.

Can't add anything about the festival vendors, as I haven't visited a festival in a long time. I've had a several month long break from Sims, so just noticed the date issue now.
Message 3 of 6 (1,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm on PS4 (5 actually) and have had this constantly happen. 

My Sim was asked on date. Arrived and he left. Right away called and asked him on a date and he arrived and the date happened no problem. He did have a job, but not sure why the one scenario worked but the other didn't. He initially asked me.

Fast forward, they had married and now have teenage kids. The one was asked on a date by his girlfriend. He showed and she left. He turned around and immediately initiated a date with her and she never showed. I tried several times and she never showed. She does not have a job. Then one of the daughters was asked by her boyfriend and when she showed he left. I tried the the same with her; having her call and ask him on a date. He never showed. I know he also did not have a job. I didn't bother to keep trying on that one since it didn't work with her brother. 

I haven't had the vendor issues. I haven't gone to many of the festivals/events. I'm so goal oriented I've been getting all the children's skills up to prepare for college. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,305 Views)

★ Apprentice

Replying to see if this has any fix or has been addressed by anyone else yet?

Never had this issue before, but I wouldn't be able to place a specific time it started. I'd say maybe 3 months ago it didn't do this but now it does.

I recently started the not so berry challenge, and Gen 2 is a serial romantic. Hard to do when you can never go on a date :/

Message 5 of 6 (1,063 Views)

★ Novice

I only started seeing this problem with the pre-pack patch for werewolves. And it is CONSTANT. I've tried everything I can think of. It's crazy that people have been having this problem for so long and it's still (apparently) in the game!

I really hope EA makes this a priority, because it is 100% game breaking.

Message 6 of 6 (1,024 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help