Re: Sims Game Crashed and save files aren't showing up

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Game Crashed and save files aren't showing up

★ Novice

Hello I have i problem.

I have a Microsoft surface pro 3 and I have orgin installed on it.I have an external hard drive that i downloaded my Sims 4 game on and it has been working perfectly for the last 7 months. The reasons why i downloaded my sims on my hard-drive were that there was not enough space on my surface alone and I wanted to be able to hide my hard-drive from myself for when i needed to study and not be tempted. I have had no issues with plugging in my game or taking it away and just using my laptop alone. Orgin has always been able to find the locations for my game time and time again. Recently though, I have had a few issues with the game "crashing" or it would just turn off and say "Sims 4 is not working." To which, i would simply restart the game and i may have lost a few hours of playtime but i could always go right back to what i was doing.

This last time, i noticed my sims would be frozen in place and take a long time to go and do a task. I could tell that my game would crash and it did. Although, this time my computer said "This device is not recognized" and the "sims 4 is not working" message appeared at the same time. I tired to restart my game and it was only telling my to download the game. When i looked in my computer, all my sims 4 files were there but Orgin could not find them. So i re-downloaded the games i had and tried to start it up. It played but the load game button is gone. it only had the option to start a new game. All of my sims i made and things i downloaded from the community are gone. I went to the save files in my documents and all myfiles from all the way in 2017 are there but it isnt registering in my game.

What can I do? Can this be fixed?

As orgin likes to display the play hours,i have spent 175 hours on this game and i would hate to lose all that data and start over.

Please help!

Thank you!

I am not super tech savvy so i have attached some pictures of my files. Do i need to move them around? Is that the issue?

Message 1 of 2 (315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @lilhoneybabe

sometimes on reinstalling the game, the game thinks, it knows better than you and that OneDrive is the perfect folder to look for user files instead of the doc folder.

So, check if oneDrive has an Sims 4 folder and if it does, you have two options

• Turn off oneDrive an force the game to use the one in documents
  • Copy all your files to the folder in oneDrive so that the game recognizes them again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (314 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @lilhoneybabe

sometimes on reinstalling the game, the game thinks, it knows better than you and that OneDrive is the perfect folder to look for user files instead of the doc folder.

So, check if oneDrive has an Sims 4 folder and if it does, you have two options

• Turn off oneDrive an force the game to use the one in documents
  • Copy all your files to the folder in oneDrive so that the game recognizes them again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (315 Views)