Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Freezing to Death Inside the Gym

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? It's updated with the most recent patch, but I can't seem to find a version number anywhere.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the Mochino Stuff and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a gym, specifically the one in Windenburg when the temperature is freezing and NPC's will start to turn blue and freeze to death inside the building.
What happens when the bug occurs? I took my sim to the gym in Windenburg. The weather outside of the gym was freezing. Sims who were inside the building exercising began turning blue and then freezing to death despite being inside the building. Strangely it only seems to happen in a certain area of the building, but I'm not sure if that's because one is dying there so everyone is flocking there, but I had two different sims die in the exact same spot on different sim days, so I'm thinking it might not be the only reason for that spot. The screen shot attached shows at least five sims dying by freezing to death in the same area inside the gym in Windenburg.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to not freeze to death when they are inside a building.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug appeared after the most recent update to the game (the one to prepare for Realm of Magic)

I took my sim to the gym in Windenburg. The weather outside of the gym was freezing. Sims who were inside the building exercising began turning blue and then freezing to death despite being inside the building. Strangely it only seems to happen in a certain area of the building, but I'm not sure if that's because one is dying there so everyone is flocking there, but I had two different sims die in the exact same spot on different sim days, so I'm thinking it might not be the only reason for that spot. The screen shot attached shows at least five sims dying by freezing to death in the same area inside the gym in Windenburg.

Edit: It just happened elsewhere in the gym, too so it doesn't seem to be the specific area of the gym seen in the screen shot despite five NPCs dying there.

Message 1 of 17 (2,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Freezing to Death Inside the Gym

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictOk, so after a lot of unsuccessful testing, I think I found the culprit. No mod alone caused the freezing deaths to happen, but when I put and the adult mod back into my mod folder at the same time as mod, it caused sims to freeze to death in the gym. I'm thinking it is specifically mod because mod did not do it on its own on mod didn't do anything by itself because it needed mod to function. I don't typically play with that mod, which explains why I just started having the issue. I'll report it to the mod creator.

Apologies for making your post a bit illogical, but please do not reference adult mods on AHQ - Ataashi

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (2,448 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Seriously, It's becoming a grave yard in here.

Message 2 of 17 (2,124 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

There were so many urns I had to move them so I could leave the gym. There are 15 urns there, but I think I deleted a few before.

Message 3 of 17 (2,116 Views)

Hero
@Kazuzi3 Does the building have a thermostat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No it doesn't. I haven't modified the building at all except to add the Bracing Breezes lot trait to it. It was also a problem before I added the lot trait, so it's not a problem with that.
Message 5 of 17 (2,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kazuzi3 Could you try if they still freeze if you add a thermostat ?

Souns like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Temperature-Problems-After-August-8-2019-Patch/m-p/8103316

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,077 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok, so I was messing around with things and have some interesting observations.
1. Adding a thermostat makes them less likely to die due to cold, but does not eliminate the deaths completely. They are the least likely to die if a thermostat is installed and turned to warmer, but death due to freezing still has a small chance of occuring.
2. It only seems to effect NPCs. My sim was walking around in gym clothes and a swimsuit and even went swimming in the gym and the only cold buff she got from it was the "chilled" buff. She never turned blue or came close to dying from cold despite wearing the same style clothes as NPCs who froze to death.
3. Freezing to death only seem to be happening during the day time. I stayed at the gym for about 48 hours and the freezing deaths only occurred during the day time. None of the sims even turned blue at night even though the temperature during both time periods was freezing.
Message 7 of 17 (2,038 Views)

Hero
@Kazuzi3 I did some testing in my game and no one dies there.

Could you move your mods folder to the desktop, delete the localthumbcache.packge file, repair your game and start a new save for testing purposes to see if it also occurs ?

If it doesn't, test your save again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI did as you suggested and removed mods, localthumbcache.package, and repaired the game, although I tried to repair the game when it originally started with no effect.
I played the new save for four sim days. There were no deaths. One sim briefly turned blue, but quickly turned back to normal and several sims were seen shivering like they had the "chilled" buff, but there were no deaths.

I went back and tried my original save again to see if that solved the problem. I still had two sims die at the gym by freezing to death over the course of a day and a half, so it's not as frequent as it was, but it was still occurring. One was wearing gym clothes, one was wearing winter clothes. I'm not sure if it means that specific save is bugged then or what.

Edit: I tried reinstalling mods and going to the new save and the sims started dying in the gym from freezing again, so it looks like it might be a mod. I'll have to do some experimenting tomorrow when I get home from work to see if I can figure out which specific one.

Message 9 of 17 (1,989 Views)

Hero
@Kazuzi3 OK. Let me know what you find.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (1,962 Views)