Re: Sims Expansion Pack Says It's Installed But It Isn't

by LoumaryMorales

Original Post

Sims Expansion Pack Says It's Installed But It Isn't

★★★ Newbie

So I bought the Sims 3 starter pack and all of those downloaded successfully, but then I bought Island Paradise and it says it is installed, but it won't show up in the game or under my applications file. I don't know what to do since I can't figure out how to reinstall it since it isn't even installed in the first place.

Message 1 of 8 (1,245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@hsapienza  Does the pack show as owned in Origin /extra content? Where did you buy IP?

Message 2 of 8 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, it gives me the option to play it, but when I click "Play", nothing happens. The other expansion packs are showing up on the game and in my applications folder, just not this one.

Message 3 of 8 (1,223 Views)

★ Apprentice

same problem, did you bought it on other place? not in origin? if so, then I have to tell you that origin cancelled all the codes that came form Ebay or amazon and other places. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,207 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LoumaryMorales  I have bought packs from Amazon and have no problems with them and Amazon is listed as an authorized reseller. Ebay is an auction site and like any auction it is buyer beware. While there are many (must) reputable vendors on Ebay I will say I have received what I paid for most of the time but there is always the chance you may not get exactly what you thought you were going to get.

Message 5 of 8 (1,199 Views)

Message 6 of 8 (1,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

@roberta591roberta.

Well there are a lot of people who bought the game in Amazon and have the same problem as me, so why then? 

Message 7 of 8 (1,186 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LoumaryMorales Do you have any games/packs that YOU have purchased from Amazon that aren't working? If you do, I suggest you contact Amazon immediately because Amazon IS an authorized reseller.

Message 8 of 8 (1,178 Views)