Re: Sims DLC shows up on the game screen, but not in Origin or Steam

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims DLC shows up on the game screen, but not in Origin or Steam

★★★ Newbie

Hey folks,

So I like keeping all of my games in the same place, so I took advantage of this weekend's Sims sale (it's $5) to purchase it on Steam.

But now I'm in that weird DLC issue... I show that I have "Get to Work" and the Star Wars pack in game.  It tells me to "download to use" (But there is no button to do so). 

So, I purchased those two packs BEFORE purchasing Sims on Steam.  When I go to Steam, it DOESN'T show that I have those two expansions (It does show the DLC I purchased AFTER the move on Steam).

But here's the weird part:  On my Origin app it's ALSO showing that I don't have those two packs. o.O 

When I play my houses in Sims, it has to "Remove items from packs you don't own" (removing items from the Get to Work and Star Wars packs), so I know it THINKS it should have those two packs... o.O 

Any ideas what I should do?

Message 1 of 4 (786 Views)

Hero
@Aabhnormal Do you have the DLC on steam or Origin ? Did you just buy the base on Steam or the DLC as well ?

Just making sure I understand correctl.y

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict Hi there! Thank you for answering! Standard smile 

So, I purchased the base game on both Origin and Steam.

I bought my copy on Origin back in 2018 and Get to work in 2019. I'm a space guy, so I picked up Journey To Batuu a few months ago (Whenever it first came out). 

I purchased my copy for Steam four days ago (The base game was on sale this past weekend for $5, so it seemed a good idea as all of my other games are on Steam). While I was at it, I picked up "Get Famous" on sale.  I used to live and work in Japan, so I bought Snowy Escape with my Steam copy.

I have Get to Work and Journey to Batuu on Origin

I have Snowy Escape and Get Famous on Steam.

All four DLC's show up in the game on the title screen, but Get to Work and Star Wars show "Download this to use it" when you hover over it (And there is no content from those DLCs in game).

Origin now shows that I only own the base game, it doesn't show me owning any expansions (Not even "Get to Work" and "Journey to Batuu" which I DID purchase for my Origin copy).

Steam doesn't show Get to Work or Journey to Batuu, but it DOES show "Get Famous" and "Snowy Escape".

As a side note: I did read on the web that I should do a procedure where I shut down and "end task" my Origin launcher while leaving my Steam launcher running, then restart my Origin launcher.  I tried that with no result.

Message 3 of 4 (750 Views)

Hero
@Aabhnormal Thanks for the detailed listing. That's very helpful

Do you have both the Steam copy and the Origin copy showing up on Origin ? DLC from Origin will not show on steam but you should see it in the game if you start the steam version. You do need to re-download them through Origin (that will install them in the Steam folder) which is .. a bit difficult to do if they're not showing up on Origin

You will probably need to contact support and find out why they are no longer showing up as bought on your Origin account.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (748 Views)