Re: Sims Can't Order a Drink for Sim

by Figblat

Original Post

Sims Can't Order a Drink for Sim

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Realm of Magic and Discovery University
What happens when the bug occurs? when ordering drink for sim, sim doesn't place order for other sim or tries to make a drink behind to bar but can't because the bartender is in the way.
What do you expect to see? sims should be able to place an order a drink with the bartender and the intended sims receive it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure

Hey all. When selecting the option to "order drink for" a chosen sim, my sim will either try to make a drink behind the bar only for it to cancel because the bartender is in the way or they never place the order. Tested on multiple saves, followed the troubleshoot, reset the game and tested on a blank save, the issue was still there. Even though I've kept the game updated, I haven't played in a while so I can't say for sure where the bug first started appearing. I do not use custom contents or mods.

Message 1 of 2 (1,360 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims Can't Order a Drink for Sim

★★★ Apprentice

This happens for me, too. Choosing to "Order Drink For..." another Sim, they have an interaction together, as if they are talking, "Hey, want a drink?" and the recipient Sim appears to agree, but then the order is never actually placed. The interaction simply ends. The only way to order a drink for someone else appears to be adding them to a group, and then choosing "Order Drinks for Group". Really wish the functionality of ordering a single drink for a specific Sim would be fixed.

Message 2 of 2 (1,228 Views)