Sims Can't Move or Use Items

by bradlyb71

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims Can't Move or Use Items

★★ Novice

In my Sims 4, as I build a home or penthouse - I have them go in and use each item in a room once it's finished. There are never any issues then. However, once the home is finished they suddenly can't move or use items. They stand in one spot and wave their hands with the question mark bubble. I've gone back and used recoveries, started over, and the same thing happens. What is going on?

Message 1 of 8 (646 Views)

Re: Sims Can't Move or Use Items

Champion (Retired)

The wave means something is blocking them.Locked doors, lack of stairs clutter on the floor and so on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (638 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hello @bradlyb71 ,

If you're working with elevation tools, too steep an incline can also be a factor; make sure the slopes leading to accessible areas are leveled enough that Sims can actually walk up them; if they're too steep, your Sim will complain that they can't pass it (With a question mark and waving.)

- B

Message 3 of 8 (632 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish it were that simple. For instance, I'll tell them to nap/sleep in their bed. I may eventually get them to the bed, but they will stand next to it and do the waiving. There are no side tables, no rugs, nothing at all in the room but the bed. I've even deleted items they can't use and then replaced them and that hasn't worked.

Message 4 of 8 (616 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you publish it to the online gallery and PM me the name I can have a look at what causes it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (614 Views)

★★ Novice

It shows up and I believe at least one person has downloaded it. My user name is Bradlyb1971 and the building is 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse. The version I uploaded isn' complete but where they started having the issues. Appreciate any feedback, this is the first thing I've shared

Message 6 of 8 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Once your Mods/CC were removed it worked fine.

Message 7 of 8 (584 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm.. okay.. i tried that once. I shall again, thanks!

Message 8 of 8 (564 Views)