Re: Sims Age Bar Does not Move

by Kika779

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Age Bar Does not Move

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I've been having an issue for a while now in the Sims 3. Whenever I make a new save, my sims refuse to age up. The number of days before any of my sims age up remains the same after more than a week of in-game time. I haven't been able to find this problem online anywhere. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If it helps, I only got this issue after I bought and installed the supernatural pack. The other packs I have are generations, seasons, ambitions, high-end loft stuff, late night, pets, showtime university life, and world adventures. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (701 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Kika779  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the five cache files:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, open the same folder and move options.ini to your desktop.  The game will create a new one the next time it loads with all default options.  If this helps, you'll need to redo all your in-game options, but the aging should work now.

If that doesn't help either, please test in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and run it long enough to see whether the sims age.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (670 Views)

All Replies

@Kika779  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the five cache files:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, open the same folder and move options.ini to your desktop.  The game will create a new one the next time it loads with all default options.  If this helps, you'll need to redo all your in-game options, but the aging should work now.

If that doesn't help either, please test in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and run it long enough to see whether the sims age.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Deleting options.ini worked.

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3 (651 Views)