Sims 4

by kayjaD

Original Post

Sims 4

★ Novice

When I started my game today for some reason no music played. I thought I might have my sound really low on my laptop. And that wasn’t the case at all, I went to my settings and tried fixing it but nothing changed. So now I’m here trying to fix the sound on the game. 

Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)

Re: Sims 4

@kayjaD  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (178 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kayjaD

I have had something like this happen to my game in the past. I asked some other helpers for suggestions.
- - -
Go into Settings > Sound > App volume & device preferences > verify Sims 4 has the correct output device chosen and is not muted.
Also go to \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete config.log and options.ini files.
- - -
If you have mods/CC try removing (not disabling) them and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the sound works.
- - -
Using the repair option may also help. Instructions for this along with other actions can be found here.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 4 (143 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Make sure you perform the steps @EuphorialQueen provided; if those do not work, make sure as well to update your sound drivers as well; it's possible a Windows update could have thrown the configurations out of whack for Sims 4. A driver update from the manufacturer would likely resolve that if that ends up being the case.

Hope it works out for you.

- B

Message 4 of 4 (136 Views)