Sims 4

by bria8959

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4

★★ Novice

So I have all the recent updates and everything but when I click on another sim to do things such as “influence to..” I get just yellow outlines boxes. I also cannot purchase anything and my simology is all messed up. Anyone else have this or know if a specific mod is causing this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4

@bria8959  The issue in the first screenshot is definitely caused by mods, and the others probably are too.  The first suspect should be the UI Cheats mod; take it out and see whether the problems are still there.  If they are, please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  If the problem is gone, you can start adding your mods back in batches, testing each time to see whether the issue returns.  If and when it does, you'll know that the problem is one of the files you just added, and you can split that batch and test until you find out which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (130 Views)

All Replies

@bria8959  The issue in the first screenshot is definitely caused by mods, and the others probably are too.  The first suspect should be the UI Cheats mod; take it out and see whether the problems are still there.  If they are, please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  If the problem is gone, you can start adding your mods back in batches, testing each time to see whether the issue returns.  If and when it does, you'll know that the problem is one of the files you just added, and you can split that batch and test until you find out which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict it was the UI! Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 3 (110 Views)