Sims 4 wrong chef shows up

by Summerxena

Original Post

Sims 4 wrong chef shows up

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except fitness, garden,kitchen, spooky time stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I hire a chef, only one chef shows up and it is never the chef i hired. I don't have any broken CC, i've repaired my game. Im not sure if its because they live in sulani or if its just a constant bug with dine out. It has been this way since island living came out, and never got fixed.
What do you expect to see? the chef i hired at my restaurant and not a random sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pleasee fix it. I hired two girls and have a male sim chef

Message 1 of 15 (2,697 Views)

Re: Sims 4 wrong chef shows up

Hero
@Summerxena Sounds like the old fixed bug. Did you test this on a vanilla game ? Did you try repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Do you have two cooking stations in your restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,673 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i did all that but i still have two chefs i did not hire which is annoying because every day its a different chef with 0 cooking skills

Message 3 of 15 (2,651 Views)

Hero
@Summerxena Do you have this issue only in Sulani ?

Can you test a fresh save to see if it happens there as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,637 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict its every world not only Sulani and it does with a fresh save too
Message 5 of 15 (2,620 Views)

Hero

Hi @Summerxena 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,604 Views)

Hero
@Summerxena Did my suggestion help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (2,571 Views)

Hero
@Summerxena Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,538 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict no it did not. wrong chefs still show up
Message 9 of 15 (2,512 Views)

Hero
@Summerxena Hm .. bit out of suggestions, especailly since it also happens on a new save and in all worlds.

You are patched all the way to 1.61 now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (2,457 Views)