Re: Sims 4 wont start

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 wont start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue except I do not play with any mods. I do have and expansion pack downloaded though. I have uninstalled the game and redownloaded it, but it still doing the exact same thing. I, also cannot close out the game, it will not let me. I can minimize and shrink the game but I cannot close it out without shutting down my whole computer. It just won't start for me, this has been an issue for weeks now. I need help with figuring out a solution.  

Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

Hero

HI @jamie-marie234 

split your thread as it seems different then the thread you posted in.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (219 Views)

★★ Novice

my game is fixed now , if you have any screenshots from the game that you dont want then delete those , i deleted all the useless stuff and restarted my computer, then it started to work for me agian

Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)