Sims 4 wont start with mods...

by Itsaliveee

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 wont start with mods...

Champion (Retired)

@Maisie_mooxoxox

What do you mean by "I hope we get answers?" Standard smile

EA does not support mods, and you need to remove or update your mods when they are no longer compatible with the game. If you really don't want that, you can inactivate updates and then you won't have to update your mods either. But then you will not be able to add more packs or get the free content that sometimes comes in updates (toddlers in the beginning of 2017). But it's your own choice, most creators update their mods when they become incompatible so you just have to re-download them.

Did you follow my tips in the post above yours?

Merry Christmas! :eahigh_file:

Message 21 of 74 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This same exact thing is happening to me right now, I put all my cc in and I click the play botton and it won’t let me play, I take it all out and it does let me play! What do I do?!
Message 22 of 74 (1,937 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wcpjlg9

If you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 23 of 74 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie
try going through the mods you got recently
Message 24 of 74 (1,902 Views)

★ Novice

I have over 2,000 cc/mods ._.

Message 25 of 74 (1,864 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Galaxy4ever10

Then you might have some work ahead of you :/
Good luck, I hope you find the ones not working fast. If you go though my list above you might find some faster, otherwise the 50/50 method will find the broken ones even though it takes time!
Start with script mods, them mods that change gameplay, then cc.

Message 26 of 74 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its happening to me too, buuut i have 1,571 mods..... FML 

Message 27 of 74 (1,829 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TriggeredARMY

Read the answer just above your posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 28 of 74 (1,823 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had the same thing. I took it out in sections. I would take all the a out and then see if it worked then I found out it was something that started with a s. It takes time but turns out I had accidently put a Sims 3 mod in there.
Message 29 of 74 (1,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sims 4 is stuck on the logo screen even after i decided to take off all of my cc now i have 6 left and guess what its still not working..

Message 30 of 74 (1,695 Views)