Re: Sims 4 wont start with mods...

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Pro

@CaticornLove

To fix mods and custom content try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC - http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Broken/Updated Mods: Python/Terrain Update + Get Famous, Nov. ’18
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

Message 61 of 74 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Well I mean I have 3,140 mods welp this might take all day.
Message 62 of 74 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Just wanted to say make sure that you did not accidentally add a sims3 mod, that will cause this problem.

Message 63 of 74 (951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much!!!! 🥰

Message 64 of 74 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this issue and I already moved ALL my mods to a new folder and still doesn't work WHAT DO I DO????

Message 65 of 74 (850 Views)

Hero

Hi @Valen14lp 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 74 (834 Views)

★ Novice

@sofia7katariina wrote:

i just got the same problem. Too bad i have 370 mods Standard smile fml

Dude i have 1340 cc fml 2 Standard smile

Message 67 of 74 (768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh no.. i have over 10,000 downloads and my sims just started crashing after a cc spree fml

Message 68 of 74 (739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@sofia7katariina wrote:

i just got the same problem. Too bad i have 370 mods Standard smile fml

I've got 856 and my games messed up.....kill me 

Message 69 of 74 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not that you probably remember but do u know which mod/cc that was? I'm having the same problem (it wont load past the logo) and if people could list what file corrupted their game, that would be really helpful!! Thanks a lot Standard smile

Message 70 of 74 (672 Views)