Re: Sims 4 wont start with mods...

by youtubeislife552

Original Post

Hero

Still the fastest method.

You can also batch fix some stuff with the Sims 4 Studio (just google) to see if that helps.

Other than that, ... 50/50

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 74 (827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ahh I have 727 soooo there goes my weekend (';

Message 52 of 74 (787 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi my sims 4 game won't open because of a corrupted mod, but I have deleted that mod and all of my mods, along with repairing the game, moving my sims 4 folder to my desktop, uninstalling the game and re downloading it, and shutting down my computer but still the message comes up. Is there anything else i can do to fix this?

Message 53 of 74 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @youtubeislife552

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 74 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@plurplesimmer
After the next update, you should know. that all mods will be not work because EA goes with the game to another Python script.
You have to wait until the creators of mods recover from this shock. After this you can start collecting their new mods again.

Message 55 of 74 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kreatora , Well, let's not panic.Standard smile

SimGuruModSquad at forums.thesims.com/en_US wrote that Update "Get Famous" will not spoil Custom Content objects (CC): https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949019/python-upgrade-coming-soon/p2

Only modifications that interfere in the scripts of the game will need to be replaced.
1. Before updating, I recommend removing the entire Mods folder to your computer desktop.
2. Then update the game.
3. From the Mods folder, removing all mods with scripts (tip of"script, pyo and other endings).
We leave only mods / CCwith the tip .package.

By the way, if you do not want to have problems with old CC / mods, I recommend subfolders in the Mods folder.
Each of them is called the nickname of its creator. And add mods/ CC to such a subfolder.
Inside, you can also insert a card with the link of the site of the creator.
This way you will quickly find old CC / mod - incompatible with the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nie pracuję ani nie mam żadnych powiązań z EA. Jestem wolontariuszem i staram się pomagać graczom w naprawie ich gry zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą i nie ponoszę odpowiedzialności za szkody wyrządzone twojemu komputerowi/grze.

Jeżeli moje wskazówki okazały się pomocne, nie zapomnij przyznać XP! Kliknij "Zaakceptuj rozwiązanie" jeżeli post pomógł Ci uporać się z problemem.
Dziękuję!
Message 56 of 74 (771 Views)

★★ Novice

I have 2000+ mods and I don't want to spend all day going through mods.

Message 57 of 74 (697 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@iona2005

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 58 of 74 (685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Help!!! I have 570 mods and I dont know which ones Ive downloaded recently cuz I download a bunch at a time, is there is any other way to find the one that isnt working please let me know!! Thanks!!

Message 59 of 74 (627 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CaticornLove

Follow the advice posted just above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 60 of 74 (617 Views)