Re: Sims 4 wont start with mods...

by HauntedBlanket

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
turns out i have over 2,000+ mods that aren't sorting by date. ik how you feel :`)
Message 41 of 74 (1,049 Views)

Hero

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Also start with actual mods to test (game play altering content) and then move to furniture/hair/clothing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 74 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 1,000

Message 43 of 74 (993 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have more than 500 packages in my mods folder.....eeek! XD
Message 44 of 74 (978 Views)

Hero
The 50/50 Method is fairly quick. Start with mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 74 (970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm literally almost 4 years late, but I was having the exact same issue and haven't been able to play my Sims 4 game in over a month. I have been searching high and low for a solution that wouldn't take 6 hours, and was also facing the same problem as I am. I have almost 3,000 pieces of CC/Mods, not to mention unorganized and scattered. My mods folder contains the files and the files only. No folders containing hair, clothes, shoes, etc. Besides that, I went CC shopping about a month ago and got around 400 mods. Not thinking anything bad would happen, I extracted the files that needed to be extracted, and moved my downloads directly into my mods folder. After that, my game never started for more than 30 seconds. As soon as it would go through the sponsoring part and say 'The Sims 4' It would come up with a Microsoft pop-up that would say, 'Sims 4 has stopped working. Please try again later.' It would do this every time I got to that point. I hunted around for weeks, and found nothing. When I started my game without CC, it worked perfectly, so it has to be a broken file. The only issue I face is, how? I'm trying to find another way to do it without removing everything I have. Thank you. 

Sincerely, PlurpleSimmer xoxo

Message 46 of 74 (969 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@plurplesimmer

Please read earlier answers in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 47 of 74 (961 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too and I think this is the only solution, but I do have 1058 pieces of cc/mods. This is gonna take a long time..

Computer

Message 48 of 74 (912 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Use the 50/50 method. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 49 of 74 (906 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
but what if you have like 24892492 cc's lol
Message 50 of 74 (864 Views)