Sims 4 wont start with mods...

by Itsaliveee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 wont start with mods...

★★★ Novice

Okay, I've been playing the Sims 4 for 2 weeks now, no problems, until I decided to download mods and cc, because I loved to play with cc in the previous Sims games. Whenever I try to open TS4 with the new package files installed it freezes at the logo screen (even though one mod I have in the file is to skip the logo screen) and becomes unresponsive. When I take the files out of the mods folder it works and starts up fine.

So I'm guessing there might be a bad mod in there somewhere that's making the Sims unresponsive. But how would I know which one(s) it is? I don't want to delete all of them because it took me like a day to find and download the ones I wanted for my game.

I've also tried:

repairing my game

running with origin offline

running as administrator

troubleshoot compatibility

restarting my computer

updating TS4 through origin

Also I don't feel like I would need to re-install the game because it works fine without the mods. I'm just wondering if there's a way to find out why its not working with mods, or which mod in my bunch is making the game unresponsive.

Message 1 of 74 (83,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 wont start with mods...

Hero (Retired)

make a folder on the desktop move your mods there  for now  launch and play see if your game is fine and then place one mod back launch and play if it works fine rinse repeat find the one that's not working delete it then go check if it is updated it is up to the user of mods/cc to check where they got them from for updates

View in thread

Message 2 of 74 (105,875 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

make a folder on the desktop move your mods there  for now  launch and play see if your game is fine and then place one mod back launch and play if it works fine rinse repeat find the one that's not working delete it then go check if it is updated it is up to the user of mods/cc to check where they got them from for updates

Message 2 of 74 (105,876 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was afraid I was going to have to do something like that. Tedious, but at least I didn't download too many mods. Thank you for your answer Standard smile

Message 3 of 74 (82,924 Views)

Hero (Retired)

your welome Standard smile ikr it can be tedious to do it that way but a sure fire way to find the culprit or culprits as the case may be

Message 4 of 74 (82,922 Views)

★ Apprentice

To add on to the solution, this will make it less tedious!

Within folders, organize your mods by freshly downloaded, recently downloaded, eldest downloads or something of the like.

Take your newest folder and place it into your Mods folder. Launch your game, see if it works, and save that folder as ones that work. Continue like this for each folder. Keep track of the one that doesn't work.

Take the folder(s) that doesn't work and dissect it. First, take the portion in your folder that is created by one artist (e.g. the largest amount of cc by one creator) and see if all of those items work in your game. Proceed with testing your broken folder's cc within groups of 3 - 5 (this will have it done faster).

Please take caution that mistakenly downloaded Sims 3 and Sims 2 cc will break your game and cause it to be unlaunchable.

To keep your game safe within the future, make a "Just Downloaded" CC folder and test only that folder in-game once you've finished downloading cc (this is so you won't lose faulty cc in the other files and then have to clean it out again, this become irritating.)

Good luck.

Message 5 of 74 (82,909 Views)

★★ Novice

are any of you guys having problems on the sims 4 dine out game I'am the waiters don't want to move or wait on tables.

Message 6 of 74 (77,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just got the same problem. Too bad i have 370 mods Standard smile fml

Message 7 of 74 (76,506 Views)

Hero

Try the 50/50 Method

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 74 (76,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have 400 oml it's so hard to find which cc is the problem like

EDIT (Crin): Changed all-caps for readability. Also be aware that all-caps is considered screaming on the Internet and against the TOS

Message 9 of 74 (67,980 Views)

Hero

Hi @peachyvirgo

The 50/50 Method explained here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content is the fastest way. to find what's causing the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 74 (67,953 Views)