Sims 4 wont open due to data being missing or damaged

by hellouthere777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 wont open due to data being missing or damaged

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 won't open. It says game data is missing or damaged, I have tried taking out all my mods and repairing that game on origin but it still says the same thing. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's something else wrong

Message 1 of 2 (357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 wont open due to data being missing or damaged

@hellouthere777  Try removing your entire Sims 4 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts.  (You can put it on your desktop.)  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If you get the same error, clear Origin's cache and repair again; sometimes Origin doesn't do a thorough repair the first time around, and that can happen because it's cached old data.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (336 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 wont open due to data being missing or damaged

@hellouthere777  Try removing your entire Sims 4 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts.  (You can put it on your desktop.)  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If you get the same error, clear Origin's cache and repair again; sometimes Origin doesn't do a thorough repair the first time around, and that can happen because it's cached old data.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)