Re: Sims 4 wont launch [windows]

by FaniPanagiotidis

Original Post

Sims 4 wont launch [windows]

★★ Novice

Hello, the last tow days i cant launch sims 4. When i click play on origin, it just minimizes the window and then just pops right back. i asked a friend of mine and it seems that she had the same problem for two days in a row but today it worked just fine. I never had an issue like this and i play the sims almost everyday for the past months.  Does someone had the same problem the past days? I tried to repair the game from origin, i checked for updates for the sims and for origin both, i cant quite tell what's the problem, and i haven't changed any settings on my computer thank you in advance!! 

Message 1 of 7 (561 Views)

@FaniPanagiotidis  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus you run.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (528 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello and thank you for your answer. My laptop is brand new so i use the software it had from when i bought it, it's called "HP Wolf Security". 

Message 3 of 7 (512 Views)

@FaniPanagiotidis  HP Wolf Security is more of a system-wide security apparatus than an antivirus, but more relevantly, it's so new I have no idea whether it interferes with Sims 4 or not.  Try adding exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe anywhere you can find; you may need to check your product user guides.

If adding exceptions doesn't help, I really do need to see a dxdiag.

Message 4 of 7 (490 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict here is the file i saved. i did everything you told me but nothing changed yet. Anyway i'd like to thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 7 (478 Views)

@FaniPanagiotidis  Please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen, select Settings > Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If any install, restart again when you're done.

If you still can't play, please disable all HP Wolf Security components you can find in the Task Manager's background processes list.  Don't reboot your computer until you've tried to open Sims 4—the processes will restart when the computer does.

Message 6 of 7 (469 Views)

★★ Novice

So just an update for the people who may have the same issue. I was using some CC occasionally and 2 of them were broken? or something like this. i emptied the entire folder and put every cc file one by one. Anyway problem solved. 

@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the help!!!! 

Message 7 of 7 (429 Views)