Sims 4 won't work with my CC anymore

by StephLes8

Original Post

Sims 4 won't work with my CC anymore

★★ Novice

So, I use Custom Content for my Sims 4 game, and it used to work perfectly fine with all of it.

I haven't had time to play it since March, and it was again, perfectly fine. 

Sometime in June, I decided I wanted to play it again, I updated it to the current patch and took all of the mods and CC out like it says to.

I put my stuff back in and now it won't work with the SAME amount of CC I had. I even removed a lot of the ones I don't use.

I repaired it a few times and I still can't get it to work. I also make sure that no irrelevant pages are open; like Chrome, Skype, etc.

It just has a no responding thing and won't go past it. 

As shown here: http://i.imgur.com/u64C9nd.png

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I could play without the CC but then I feel like I won't like the game as much since

I have made all of my characters and houses using them; and I'm devoted to them. I even bought the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack and can't utilize it..

I have an itch to play it again and it's a great game to play when on vacation and the hotel doesn't have great wifi or something.

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 25 (23,852 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't work with my CC anymore

Community Manager (retired)

@StephLes8

Try putting your CC back one mod or item at a time until you can isolate the one which causes the issues.

Understand that there is no guarantee that custom content will work with the game even if it used to, as the Sims team cannot ensure the compatibility of custom content with the game. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 25 (23,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that is literally the same problem but i went on and it updated and now its not working anymore!! Disappointed

Message 3 of 25 (23,536 Views)

Hero

Please refer to this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/automatic-disabling-of-mods-on-patching/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (23,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had to uninstall sims 4 from origin and after that all my past cc didn't show up and any cc i download now isn't there when i tried to fix it and re-install my cc there was still nothing. i have tried deleting all my cc and putting it back in the mods file but nothing is there. im so confused. help Devil

Message 5 of 25 (21,946 Views)

★★ Novice

That is the exact problem I had! I updated mine, and the game became zoomed in, and bad quality. Even all the CC I had didn't work!

Message 6 of 25 (21,223 Views)

★★ Novice

My exact same problem! My game is even bad quality, and zoomed in a little.

Message 7 of 25 (21,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem, but when i tried repairing the game, and turned Mods/CC back on, it worked better. Star

Spoiler

Message 8 of 25 (21,170 Views)

★ Novice
Today i repaired my game because it wouldn't let me play after i updated it, and then once i played the game again none of my cc showed up, and all my previous households and saved games were gone like i just bought the game. Then my cc deleted so i re downloaded all my cc and put it in the mods folder and everything but nothing works! please help 😕😭
Message 9 of 25 (20,824 Views)

Hero

Did you still have files in the saves folder ?

Are you using OneDrive by chance ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (20,821 Views)