by gamermoviechick

Original Post

Sims 4 won't work after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs, city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, vampires, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, dine out, outdoor retreat, luxury party stuff, and holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure it just started after the update
What happens when the bug occurs? it will pause and the time will stop and I can't get the sims to do anything. It's almost like it's frozen. You can't even click on anything. If you wait it will work again but I don't know why it's freezing it's never done this before.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to do what I want to click on. Also I expect the time to move.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch and the installation of eco lifestyle

I don't know what else to add

Message 1 of 7 (517 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't work after update

Hero
@gamermoviechick Does this happen randomly or when you click on the ingame computer only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (463 Views)

★★★ Novice

it happens randomly in game

Message 3 of 7 (435 Views)

Hero
@gamermoviechick Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict ok i attached it in my original post

Message 5 of 7 (414 Views)

Hero
@gamermoviechick What settings do you have your graphics on ? If not on low, can you try putting them on low.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (392 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Lots of people are saying the last update broke their game so all you can do is wait to see if they can fix it, if not then you'll have to do a complete reinstall... incase this ever happens you're best backing up your Sims 4 folder in the Electronics Arts folder in Documents, create a Games Backup folder, copy and paste it into there then rename it so the game doesn't pick up on it.

Also backup your Builds by saving them into My Library before you go to the quit the game, go into your Tray folder, create another folder in your Game Backups called Lots then copy and paste the files that show they were JUST modified (That you just saved), then install Winrar, select all the files and right click them and click Add to archive with the Winrar icon, in the window set the Compression method to Best, select the Archive format as RAR or ZIP then give it name and click Okay, it will zip up the files, just keep it in the Lots folder then delete it when you save newer files from the Tray folder the next time.

As for Save Games it's better to create two new saves by Save As before you quit the game as well because the Saves disintegrate then corrupt pretty quickly. Keep an eye out for the latest Sims 4 Patches and Updates on the Sims Forums too they Highlight it in Yellow about the forums Categories so make sure to check it before you Log In to Origin so you can make a copy of The Sims 4 folder if you didn't already the last time you played. As for Origin updates i can never tell when they're going to drop one but i'm afraid that could effect my game too but best i can do is back everything up.

Message 7 of 7 (357 Views)