Re: Sims 4 won't update

by Ciablue

Original Post

Sims 4 won't update

★★★ Novice
Origin will not let me play the sims 4 until I update, however every time I click update nothing happens. I've tried completely logging out of origin, I've tried restarting my computer.
The most I get is a pop up that comes up and asks me if I want to allow the update. I click yes and then nothing happens again. So I've got a game that I just bought that I can't even play Frown
Please help?
Message 1 of 14 (3,973 Views)

EA Staff

Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot 
  4. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client
  5. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  6. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

After this please try updating the game again.

Message 2 of 14 (3,907 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried all the things you suggested and nothing worked Frown

Message 3 of 14 (3,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

have your tired move the mods out?

Message 4 of 14 (3,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its not working i swear you need to fix this right now i did not just spend 60 dollars on a game to not play it.

Message 5 of 14 (3,757 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don't have any mods
Message 6 of 14 (3,740 Views)

Hero

Try deleting Origin cache files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (3,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was having this problem.  It turns out that the sims 4 was trying to run in the background while the game was trying to patch.  I closed down all instances of the sims 4 from task manager and the update was able to complete.

Message 8 of 14 (2,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go on your browser, go to your settings, click show advanced settings, find change proxy settings, click LAN settings, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN' click ok. Then it should work Confusedmileyvery-happy: Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 9 of 14 (2,257 Views)

Yay I think i git it

★★★ Newbie

OH MY GOSH I HOPE THIS WORKS

@Lilx1999 wrote:

Go on your browser, go to your settings, click show advanced settings, find change proxy settings, click LAN settings, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN' click ok. Then it should work Confusedmileyvery-happy: Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 10 of 14 (2,102 Views)