Sims 4 won't start because of 'missing or damaged files'

by RoosmarijnVDV

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 won't start because of 'missing or damaged files'

★ Apprentice

I moved mods out of folder to desktop and game worked, put mods back a little at a time and tested game and game worked, after testing each group put them in another folder before I tested the next group and that went on and on til all my mods were tested and the ones that blocked starting of game was removed, and then I put the ones whom I thought were ok back in game, and tried to restart and error returned.

I also used the TS4 package conflict detector on mods folder and found a bunch in conflict and I removed all the ones in red. I retested with the detector and there was nothing in red. I tried restarting game and still got error message. tried repair and update as well, no idea what is keeping game from starting because like I said earlier I tested them in small groups and game started then while I was testing but not while I am trying to use them all.

I am at moment reinstalling game to see what happens if it will start or not.

I have almost 400 hours into playing this game and don't want to throw that all away.

Message 21 of 33 (2,555 Views)

Hero

Make sure to install any meshes to recolors you use. That is most often the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 33 (2,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

si tienes mods te recomiendo que borres algunos porque yo hace unos meses no pude entrar por los mods asi que pude ser un mod que haya dañado un archivo del juegoy que este haciendo ese problema. 

Message 23 of 33 (2,541 Views)

Hero (Retired)

SHINICHI-CHAN138 escribió:

si tienes mods te recomiendo que borres algunos porque yo hace unos meses no pude entrar por los mods asi que pude ser un mod que haya dañado un archivo del juegoy que este haciendo ese problema. 

Translation:
If you have mods I recommend you to delete some because a few months ago I couldn't open the game because of the mods so it can be a mod that has damaged a game file and that is causing the problem

@SHINICHI-CHAN138 Por favor, la próxima vez escribe en inglés. Si quieres escribir en español pásate por este tablón.

/ Please, next time write in English. If you want to write in Spanish you can go to this board.

Message 24 of 33 (2,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem before, but all I did was click on My Home > Right clicked > Repair. I hope this works for you! It definitely fixed my problem.

Message 25 of 33 (2,136 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't start because of "missing or damaged files"

★★★★ Novice

i'm having this problem and i'm on a windows computer... also i do not have the cc you listed... the only cc i have are a few skins and custom eyes... (i had more before i reset my pc and never had this problem... what i have now is not much different just much less) lastly the only mods i have are mc command center and the pregnancy mega mod (both the last versions)

Message 26 of 33 (1,904 Views)

Hero

Do you have the issue if you remove all mods/cc ? 

Those are two major mods that change a lot of things so you never know if they are the cause of the issue even if updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 33 (1,900 Views)

★★ Novice

Omg Thanks it worked :D I downloaded somebody's birthday cc pack and I ran as administrator and it worked

Message 28 of 33 (1,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie
pls explain
Message 29 of 33 (1,481 Views)

★★ Novice

Go to origin and click on the 'game library' option. After that, right click on the sims 4 and click the 'repair' button. I did that and it worked.

Message 30 of 33 (1,368 Views)