Re: Sims 4 won't start. I get a loading circle, and then it goes back to Origin.

by CMeki

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 won't start. I get a loading circle, and then it goes back to Origin.

Champion (Retired)

It should help.

However the Cats & Dogs Expansion (due out soon) has higher Minimum requirements. This is just speculation but perhaps the latest patch included some updates needed for that expansion and that raised the requirements. Only a person from EA would be able to answer that though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 16 (4,482 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright, thank you very much! I'll delete some CC I never use and then I'll see what it does. 

Message 12 of 16 (928 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay! So I had the same problem not to long ago. I fixed it. If you had mods, take them out of your folder so they won't mess the game up. Repair the game. If it doesn't work, here are some more options: Update it or uninstall it and reinstall. Hope I helped! C;

Message 13 of 16 (924 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for repeating exactly what jpkarlsen said. I needed it. ? 

Message 14 of 16 (921 Views)

★ Novice

Does anybody have a fix for this yet? It just started happening to me after downloading Cats and Dogs. It originally told me one of my CC"s needed to be removed, which I did. And then I tried to play the game again and it had a loading circle and went straight back to origin. I removed my mods folder and the game loaded fine. I put it back and the problem started again. I put the original mod (the one it told me was the problem) back into the mod folder, and again it told me it was corrupt so I removed again, but it didn't fix the problem. I'm at a loss. Pretty angry that the new update messed up a ton of mods, and now after purchasing the expansion pack, I can't even open the game. 

Message 15 of 16 (882 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EmilyPlummer

Don't make double posts. I've answered you in your own thread.

Message 16 of 16 (872 Views)