Sims 4 won't start. I get a loading circle, and then it goes back to Origin.

by MrsAlpaca03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't start. I get a loading circle, and then it goes back to Origin.

★★ Novice

Hi! 

This is actually the first time I have problems with The Sims 4. 

When I click on the game in the Origin menu, it acts like it's going to load (loading circle, Origin closes, I see just my desktop), but then my computer does some weird things and Origin appears again. This happens every time I try to load the Sims today. 

What causes this? Could it be that I have too much CC, and the game can't handle it? Or is it just Origin being Origin? 

Anthea

Message 1 of 16 (3,651 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't start. I get a loading circle, and then it goes back to Origin.

Champion (Retired)

It should help.

However the Cats & Dogs Expansion (due out soon) has higher Minimum requirements. This is just speculation but perhaps the latest patch included some updates needed for that expansion and that raised the requirements. Only a person from EA would be able to answer that though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 11 of 16 (4,433 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 won't start. I get a loading circle, and then it goes back to Origin.

Champion (Retired)

To check if it is CC or Mods related, move the contents of your Mods folder to the desktop (except resource.cfg).

If the game then works you just have to find out what CC/Mod causes it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 16 (3,571 Views)

★★ Novice

Now it doesn't do anything anymore... I can click the Sims as much as I want, but there's no reaction, not even a loading circle. 

Message 3 of 16 (3,567 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick the game in Origin and select repair.

If that does not work gather a DxDiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 16 (3,561 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a DxDiag saved, how do I attach it?

Message 5 of 16 (3,556 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Click on Browse just above the submit button.

Message 6 of 16 (3,554 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah, right here. 

Message 7 of 16 (3,553 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your graphics is well below minimum requirements. It's a wonder you got it to work in the first place. Adding CC broke its back so to speak.

Message 8 of 16 (3,547 Views)

★★ Novice

And deleting CC won't help? The computer just can't handle the game itself? 

(It worked fine, even with settings normal/high. I had quite a lot of CC already, and it never seemed like it was too much.) 

Message 9 of 16 (3,543 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me for about a week and I've tried uninstalling it and taking out the mods and it still wont work, I've never had any problems with the game before and this happened suddenly. I'm sorry I cant help you fix your game!

Message 10 of 16 (3,533 Views)