Re: Sims 4 won't save!

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't save!

★★★ Novice

My Sims 4 game won't save anything, unless something is being saved to my gallery. I looked at the saves file under the Electronic Arts folder and it did seem to be kind of full. But unfortunately it isn't very clear about what things are so it's not like I can just delete what I don't need and keep what I do need. I tried moving the things into a different folder (with an additional copy of it) to see what would happen. And it basically took away all of my data except for everything that I have in the gallery - which is a loss of hours and hours of work if I were to keep it that way. I don't want to have to loose the things that I have and want to keep now - things that I have worked hard at making. When I try to save it pops up an error code. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Message 1 of 12 (101,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Usually happens if the save corrupts

See this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/SOLUTION-Savegame-was-saved-with-a-newer-version/td-p/4205460/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (122,718 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What error code do you get ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (100,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem! When I try to save, This error code pops up and says: Error code:0 What do I do! someone please help me!

Message 3 of 12 (100,903 Views)

Hero

Usually happens if the save corrupts

See this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/SOLUTION-Savegame-was-saved-with-a-newer-version/td-p/4205460/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (122,719 Views)

★ Novice

Message 5 of 12 (99,703 Views)

★ Novice

my sims 4 wont save!! so i created a new sim and exited the game and it said that there was a saving error!! my error code is 0, but i dont know what to do with it

Message 6 of 12 (99,702 Views)

Hero

Did you try the suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (99,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my game crashes with error code:0 but only after i add  a household to a lot in windenburg as far as i know, it was working a few days ago but suddenly stopped. My sims i added were remove from the lot, had lost their skills and interactions/social with others. Also the room i edited in one of the groups went back to normal same with all the reactions of the people in the group. I tried saving before i added the household and it  worked but after i added them it didn't, it's not just this household its with others too. I don't know what to do, i don't wanna re-start, could it be something with my custom content?

Message 8 of 12 (95,092 Views)

Hero

Did you try removing your cc to see if it gets rid of the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (95,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 has been stuck on the saving screen for about a day. I paused the game before I saved because I couldn't switch Sims, and they were still moving around. Now, while it's saving, I can hear my Sims and see them moving around, but not doing anything else. They're just using the shower and restroom. So I guess I have no error code? It just says, " Saving" Please help. And by the way, this is the TRIAL of The Sims 4 I'm on, but I want to import that save into the real game, ( which you can, if you're wondering. ) Please help! Thanks! Edit- I can't close the game, if that helps a bit.

Message 10 of 12 (81,900 Views)