Re: Sims 4 won't play custom music.

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't play custom music.

★ Novice

I put music in the custom folders and when I launched the game and went into the options to make sure it was working, the songs all had names like "UUUUUUU UUU UUUUU UU" and wouldn't play. The files were all .mp3, which I read was the file the game needs to play the music. Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening or how to fix it? I would appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 25 (97,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 permits you to put your own music into the game and play it on the pre-existing radio stations, which are sorted by genre. Here's how to add the music to the game:

1. Choose which songs you want to put in the game. They must be all .mp3 files with a bit rate no larger than 320Kbps.
  2. Go to your games' "Custom Music" folder which is normally located in C:\Users\you\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music on Windows and go into the folder for any of the seven stations.
  3. In your selected station's folder, paste (right click and select "Paste" or press CTRL+V) all the songs that you want there.
  4. Start your game, turn on the stereo and select the appropriate station and see if your music works. Note that it will be shared with the audio shipped with the game for that station but those tracks can be disabled individually in the "Game Settings" menu.

Source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Adding_custom_music

I don't know what the fix might be, but found these, I put them in bold.
If that isn't the problem I don't know, maybe someone else will.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 25 (108,196 Views)

All Replies

The Sims 4 permits you to put your own music into the game and play it on the pre-existing radio stations, which are sorted by genre. Here's how to add the music to the game:

1. Choose which songs you want to put in the game. They must be all .mp3 files with a bit rate no larger than 320Kbps.
  2. Go to your games' "Custom Music" folder which is normally located in C:\Users\you\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music on Windows and go into the folder for any of the seven stations.
  3. In your selected station's folder, paste (right click and select "Paste" or press CTRL+V) all the songs that you want there.
  4. Start your game, turn on the stereo and select the appropriate station and see if your music works. Note that it will be shared with the audio shipped with the game for that station but those tracks can be disabled individually in the "Game Settings" menu.

Source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Adding_custom_music

I don't know what the fix might be, but found these, I put them in bold.
If that isn't the problem I don't know, maybe someone else will.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 25 (108,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

well my files are all MPEG-4 AUDIO files what do i do?

Message 3 of 25 (96,441 Views)

[ Edited ]

@harryhovers 
You could try to covert to MP3:
http://media.io/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 25 (96,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

it's simple...

try to put tag your mp3 file with ID3v1 because your mp3 file just have ID3v2. TS4 can't read ID3v2. add tag APE mode  which mean your mp3 file using both ID3v1 and ID3v2. "UUUUU UUUUU UUUU" mean your ID3V1 tag mp3 is empty (tittle, artist etc.).

in [menu - game option - music] music won't play (because some issue GTW bug)

but in game turn on your music it must be cloud and clear.

Message 5 of 25 (95,852 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too am having the same problem with the game. Music showing up as UUUUUUUUUUUU or D[] and not playing. Someone please fix this. No way to add ID3V1 music, I'm on Windows 8 and Windows Media Player, VLC and Audacity seems to work in ID3V2 mode only. ID3-TagIT crashes randomly and is not worth the effort.

Message 6 of 25 (94,500 Views)

★★ Novice

My problem is that there is no sound when playing my custom songs. They are .mp3 and only 192kbps. I don't know what else to do.

Message 7 of 25 (94,138 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Had this problem before, but restarting usually fixed it and it "just" happened for some tracks, seemingly at random (the same track would run perfectly one time and not at all another time).

However, since 'Get to Work' ALL of my custom music tracks are simply ignored. Bit-rate, ID3v1 - checked all things that are suggested here. To no luck.

Sooo ... anybody got any new ideas one might try?

Message 8 of 25 (93,555 Views)

There are some bug fixes:

• Custom music tracks will no longer choose to play silently for no apparent reason when listening to them on the stereo.

If you have any other problems with music, or the problem is still going on after the update, please make your own topic. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 25 (93,528 Views)

★ Novice

When I put my music in the stations they don't show music menu and won't play in game. All my files are under 320 kbps and are .mp3. I'd really like to know the solution :/

Message 10 of 25 (89,401 Views)