Sims 4 won't open

by 1024850

Original Post

Sims 4 won't open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Whenever I try to open the Sims 4 on my Dell PC, an error with a red circle and an x appears on the home screen of my computer, saying the application won't open or something like that. I uninstalled and re-installed it (didn't work), deleted most of my mods (Didn't work), clicked the repair button (didn't repair anything). I gave up on trying to fix it but I hope one of you guys know how to repair this issue. When I try to open it, the Error reads "Initialization error at startup." 

Message 1 of 6 (376 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't open

@1024850  Can you upload a screenshot of the exact error message?  It would help to see exactly what it says, since there are a few different files that can cause that error.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

uploaded a screenshot of the error and the notification I got on the notification board

Message 3 of 6 (347 Views)

@1024850  I've moved your thread to the Sims 4 tech section.  This is the best place for TS4/Windows help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you

Message 5 of 6 (334 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@1024850 

This is caused by Windows controlled folder access. Please follow directions here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (311 Views)