Sims 4 won't open

by Glamrockshibe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't open

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Origin opens fine but the game won't I click "Play Sims 4" and nothing happens please help! Editing to say that I tried to repair the game and still nothing happens, No error message or anything

Message 1 of 16 (10,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't open

★★★★★ Novice

Hello frozenfairyfloss Yes I was able to fix my game. It was because I had merged CC files and it didn't like that so I took the merged files out and now it works. Do you have any CC in your game? If you do I would recommend  downloading the Mod Conflict Detector it will scan and find any bad CC so that you can get rid of it.

View in thread

Message 6 of 16 (13,253 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did it used to work ?

Have you tried restarting Origin or your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (10,353 Views)

★ Novice

have they fixed ur sims? im having the same problem and they havent fixed mine Angry

Message 3 of 16 (10,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If restarting origin doesn't work then try repairing the game files.  Open your game library, click sims and then click on the Settings gear below the play button. Click repair and let it look for any broken files. 

Message 4 of 16 (10,339 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you guys for the help it turned out that my game doesn't like merged CC files. So I put the individual files back and now it opens and it works. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 16 (10,330 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello frozenfairyfloss Yes I was able to fix my game. It was because I had merged CC files and it didn't like that so I took the merged files out and now it works. Do you have any CC in your game? If you do I would recommend  downloading the Mod Conflict Detector it will scan and find any bad CC so that you can get rid of it.

Message 6 of 16 (13,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too.... I have restarted my computer, have no merged mods and have repaired my game files several times.. it just doesn't work..? Frown

Message 7 of 16 (7,855 Views)

Hero

Do you have any mods/cc at all ? Remove everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (7,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't have any mods or cc and what you said didn't work
Message 9 of 16 (7,228 Views)

★★ Novice
how do you know if you do?
Message 10 of 16 (5,991 Views)