Sims 4 won't open

by HalogenOfficial

Original Post

Sims 4 won't open

★ Novice

The following is the issue I'm currently having with Sims 4 for the second time and of which I'm yet to have been guided to a solution or fix:

I had this same problem last month after updating Sims 4, the game won't launch but it would still be running in the background so after clicking play once I wouldn't be able to do it again through Origin, I wouldn't be able to do anything with the game unless i restart the computer, but the result was still the same. I tried every method possible to try fix it on my own but once that didn't work, i contacted multiple EA customer assistant both through live chats and phone call, none of them able to help me. Then the game miraculously started working for just one day on the 21st Sept and the following morning Origin again forced me to update the game like last time and yet again, the launching issue came back. It's getting me very frustrated, the first time it happened it prevented me to play the game for almost a month. Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't open

Hero
@HalogenOfficial Bullguard is known to cause issues. Have you tried temp. disabling to see if that works ? If it does, you will probably need to add Sims as a exception to one of the settings. I don't know which one that would be in the case of bullguard though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)