Re: Sims 4 won't open

by Castlerea123

Original Post

Sims 4 won't open

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't get the sims 4 to play. This is the second day it's been this way. The wifi is fine. I've tried to run it as an administrator. I've tried to launch it from the desktop and origin. In origin the play option wont even highlight. And I've tried to clean boot it and restart my laptop. I don't know what else I can do to get it to play. please help

Message 1 of 5 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try all of these:

The game is grayed out in Origin

First you need to check if your payment has gone through. Unless your order says fulfilled, you won't be able to download. If you have issues with your payment, you'll need to contact a game advisor.

• Log out and back in
  • If you are on a mac, make sure you download Origin for Mac.
  • Check on the Status of your order to see if it has processed. If it still says processing, make sure your credit card info is up-to-date
  • Restart Origin
  • Reinstall Origin
  • Start Origin as administrator
  • Make sure Origin is online (click on the spoiler below to view an examplary screenshot)

Make sure the game is updated by right-clicking on the game and choose Check for updates (if possible)

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

Also try to repair the game.

@crinrict wrote this as well (but it seems gone now, but definitely helpful):

The Play button in Origin is gray

Make sure your game is updated to the newest version (see above). If that is the case and the play button is still gray, try the following things

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Windows
  1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\ -delete origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ -deleter origin folder 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\-delete origin folder 
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.
  • To Unhide folders type folder options in the search bar in the start menu 
  • -click the view tab and under advanced settings click the button that say show hidden files, folders, and drives
  • Apply and ok 
  • Don't forget to re-install Origin!Confusedmileylol:
Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

Hero

@Castlerea123 For Sims 4, these instructions are dangerous.

Please don't delete this folder: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent or you'll be having issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

None of those suggestions are working. I give up :/

Message 5 of 5 (211 Views)