Re: Sims 4 won't open (pc)

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't open (pc)

★★★ Newbie

I play sims 4 on an hp laptop. But I haven't played in a long time, this week I started playing again, I've tried to open my game but it needs to update before I can open it. But everytime I tried to update it closes origin and it doesn't open again. I've taken out and deleted all of my CC and Mods to see if it was that but it still doesnt work. I've also restarted my laptop so help please!

Message 1 of 6 (1,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@Joaob1970   Sometimes Origin needs to update and the version you have is too old that the update fails. First try the repair in Origin. Right click game icon and click repair. You may have to uninstall Origin and download the latest version and install Origin. Origin is a standalone program. You need Origin to run Sims 4.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,224 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Joaob1970   Sometimes Origin needs to update and the version you have is too old that the update fails. First try the repair in Origin. Right click game icon and click repair. You may have to uninstall Origin and download the latest version and install Origin. Origin is a standalone program. You need Origin to run Sims 4.

Message 2 of 6 (1,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Joaob1970I have the same problem. Origin just updated itself without a problem this week. However, when I try to update The Sims 4 the exact same thing happens to me, too. I play on PC. I had the same problem with the last update (2020/08/07). My solution back then was to delete my Origin folder under AppData>Local and everything under ProgramData>Origin except for "Local Content". Maybe this will work for you. *fingers crossed* However, this time it does not help me solve the problem...

Message 3 of 6 (1,201 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Erja888   Did you try the repair game in Origin? Did you try to stasrt the game from Origin? If repair doesn't work please post your computer's dxdiag.

Message 4 of 6 (1,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@roberta591 

I have the same problem.My repair button is grey and not working, what should i do?

Message 5 of 6 (1,114 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sotiriats If your device a pc, mac, or console? Do you have any cc/mods? did you try the game w/o cc/mods? Did the game ever work correctly?

Message 6 of 6 (1,100 Views)