Re: Sims 4 won't open after installation and has error codes

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 won't open after installation and has error codes

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have a pc laptop and have attempted to install my purchase of Sims 4 multiple times now. Each time the download is complete I get two error codes that pop up, one that suggests I uninstall and reinstall the program. Each time I do this, it still does not work. Do I need a different version of the game or to download it differently? 

-Sara

Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't open after installation and has error codes

@Sarapfan  What error codes are you seeing?  If they mention MSVCP140.dll and/or VCRUNTIME140.dll, please uninstall your 2015 (or newer) VC++ runtimes and download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, and scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.  Click on the 2015 (or 2017, or 2015-2019) runtimes, both x86 and x64, and select Uninstall.  (Don't touch the older versions.)  Then download and install new copies of the 2015-2019 runtimes from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

If you have a 64-bit system, you still need both the x86 and x64 versions, although you can skip the arm version, which is for a different class of device.

If that's not your issue, please post a screenshot or two of the errors you're seeing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)