Sims 4 won't load

by curlykayla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't load

★★★ Newbie

The new patch for the game came out today (August 16th) and I downloaded it and tried to go into my game. It loaded and I went to settings to turn my custom content on so I could use it. When I tried to go back into the game after saving my settings for the custom content, the game loaded to the Sims 4 screen with the plumbob, and then the game closed itself. I took out my cc (custom content) and the game loaded perfectly. I checked with the Mod Conflict Detector for any mods that might be messing up the game and nothing really came up. I don't know what to do now. Could someone please help me out? I would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 7 (531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't load

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. after some testing I found out it was the Road to Fame mod

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (622 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. after some testing I found out it was the Road to Fame mod

Message 2 of 7 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you test it?

Message 3 of 7 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Nevermind, I found it, it was the violence mod. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (471 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the road to fame mod also and i'm also experiencing this issue, so annoying !! when you found out it was road to fame, did you reinstall of remove it all together ?

Message 5 of 7 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

did you delete the violence mod or just reinstall ? this has been the most specific thread i've been able to find so thank you for posting your solutions, just trying to do the final stages and hopefully it will work !

Message 6 of 7 (426 Views)

Hero

Hi @Loboyelder

you need to check if the mods got updated yet and get the newest version. If not, remove them for the time being until they are updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (401 Views)