Sims 4 won't load

by b4yttvjajyg0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't load

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 game will not load past the loading screen but instead, keep closing down the game which has been happening since the new patch and high school years expansion pack. I took out my mods and CC and the game still keeps doing the same thing which led to me uninstalling the whole game and redownloading it but I am still faced with the same issue can someone help me? 

Message 1 of 6 (405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't load

Champion (Retired)

@b4yttvjajyg0 

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (354 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@b4yttvjajyg0 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (379 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen I've deleted the localthumbcache.package and currently have no mods or cc in the game and the same thing keeps happening. It not making it past the sims 4 opening screen but instead, keep closing down.
Message 3 of 6 (370 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@b4yttvjajyg0 

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Thanks for the help the factory reset worked and now my game is working fine
Message 5 of 6 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@b4yttvjajyg0  if your game keeps unexpectedly shutting down there seems to be an access violation happening if you are in windows10/11 go to the windows start menu and search for Reliability Monitor

Message 6 of 6 (306 Views)