Re: Sims 4 won't load

by Gigglebelly101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't load

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

ActivationUI.exe pops up in background processes for half a second and then nothing happens. 

- I have tried a fresh install of windows 8, thinking it was a kernel profile error (no solution)

- My laptop of the same OS is able to play fine, so I swapped my PC to wifi thinking it was a network error (no solution)

- I have tried to repair the game (no solution)

- I have tried to whitelist ActivationUI.exe in multiple places (AVG, Windows defender, firewall) (no solution) 

- I have tried completely disabling my anti-virus and my firewall including from the router itself (no solution) 

- I run in admin mode (no solution)

- I ran in compatability mode (no solution) 

- I have turned off threading in the BIOS (no solution) 

I posted my DXdiag and had no errors

- I ran sfc /scannow and had no errors

- I ran clean boot (no solution)

- I ran registry clean up (no solution)

I do NOT have this issue with ANY other origin games, including CAS. 

I'm sure there are other things I have tried since I have been attempting to get the game to run since release, but so far not a single thing has worked. I am incredibly frustrated, and would love some help. 

Video card: AMD Radeon R9 270 (running latest drivers) 

Dual monitors (I attempted running just one, no solution)

- I have a G510s (and updated drivers, no solution) 

- G700 mouse (and updated drivers, no solution) 

My DXDiag is here

Message 1 of 23 (10,836 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

I solved my problem.

It required a drastic solution, I was using an old first generation i7 with an aging motherboard / processor combination (no BIOS updates since after 2010). After attempting absolutely everything I possibly could (re-installing windows twice, re-installing origin, the game, removing registry, doing clean boot, trying to boot it in safe mode, etc, I'm not a beginner here) and having absolutely NO luck what so ever, I replaced my motherboard and processor with a more up-to-date one (4th gen i5), and the game runs and works just fine, no problems at all. 

I'm NOT suggesting people go out and upgrade their PC just to get the game to run, but it did work for me. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 23 (3,996 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

No one can help with this? Frown 

Message 2 of 23 (10,775 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue lots of others are having... no one has any ideas or a reply on what I can try next? 

Message 3 of 23 (10,763 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Stargrace, sorry for the lack of response. I've been running your case by folks here for a bit, but we're still trying to figure what's gone wrong. You seem to have a unique issue, or at least it's manifesting uniquely.

Can you try contacting support, it looks like yours would have to go in for some advanced troubleshooting with your MSinfo logs probably needed?

Sorry that I don't have anything more right now, if and when there are other suggestions, we'll let you know.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 23 (10,761 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tried contacting support but they had me run through the channels above^ first, and that caused me to lose contact due to restarting. I sent along my MSINFO32 - hope that helps.

Message 5 of 23 (10,748 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue.

It worked last night after a reboot, but today it will not load at all. I have the Premium edition, and would very much like to play.

Message 6 of 23 (10,703 Views)

★★★ Novice
Im also having this issue with the premium edition im really peeved because I would like to play this game its not fair that it works one minute then doesnt the next just because I close it. At this rate im just going to return the game.
Message 7 of 23 (10,520 Views)

Message 8 of 23 (10,506 Views)

★★ Novice

THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM!

I paid 80 bucks for this stupid game and it won't load. I'm trying to keep my cool here, but it's not like I can return it to the store because I've opened it and installed it.

You guys are screwing me. I meet ALL of the requirements and THEN some, but it won't load regulalrly. I have to reboot like 4 times to get it to run for a couple hours, then I take a break like a HEALTHY person would and then have to do the whole song and dance over and over again. What the heck guys!?

Message 9 of 23 (10,447 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep, OP I have the same problem. EA refuses to acknowlede many people are having this issue. I have taken all of the steps you have. I am now reinstalling the sims 4 for a  third time after completely wiping my hard drive. Let's see if I can finally get it to load.

Message 10 of 23 (10,434 Views)