Sims 4 won't load past the start up screen

by ashleighevans_x

Original Post

Sims 4 won't load past the start up screen

★★★ Newbie

I installed the sims 4 and it's been working brilliantly until today.

I was playing on my game and the whole game froze and usually it'll come back after a second or two, the game was froze for about 5 minutes before I had to task manager it and close the game fully. I then went to reload the game and it loads up but won't go past the 'Sims 4' loading screen just before the Plumbot should appear. The loading music will play and dim out and then the screen just stays with the Sims 4 logo on! 

I've reloaded the game a few times and the same result occurs;(

Anyone have an solutions?Frown

Message 1 of 9 (12,893 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't load past the start up screen

Hero

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (12,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you don't even use mods?????

Message 3 of 9 (10,340 Views)

@LilSavageXO the link provided by Crinrict doesn't mention it's connected to mods. So give that a try. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 9 (10,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I called EA, they had me log into origin. Then go to game library. Then right click on sims4 and click repair. My game worked after.
Message 5 of 9 (8,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hm...I did the same as that and my game did not work after. I have been trying for 2 days, and even downloaded cc-cleaner and it still dint work. I really need help because I really would like to play my game again.

Message 6 of 9 (7,320 Views)

Hero

Hi @tgftthhuuyu6654

so you reset your user files and then the game didn't load any more or did it not load and you did the factory reset and it still doesn't load past start-up screen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (7,310 Views)

★ Novice
@mspilo Thanks! Seems to have worked for me.
Message 8 of 9 (4,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Great @IAMHENRYTHEGHOST, thanks for sharing. Standard smile I'll lock this thread here.

If there are other members experiencing this issue and it works for you, please give the post that helped some love by pressing that +XP button or accepting it as the solution (see here for more on that). If the advise here didn't do the trick for you, please create a new thread and outline what your experiencing. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (4,912 Views)