Re: Sims 4 won't load past neighbourhood

by manonaaa11

Original Post

Sims 4 won't load past neighbourhood

★★★ Novice

So I've been having some issues with my sims 4 game for a while now. It started when I couldn't enter more than two words into my search bar without my game crashing.

I figured it was probably bad cc, but since I have so many, I didn't want to go through al the effort to sort it out and just accepted it.

Next I could no langer play my game with cc if I was logged into Origin or if it was active. Again I didn't want to sort my cc so I found a way to work around it (playing offline/logged out).

However since updating my game and origin a couple of days ago and loading my game the way I always do, I can't get past the loading screen. My neighbourhood loads just fine, but when I press any lot to enter build mode it won't stop loading, same goes for play mode, and the only way I can close my game is through taskmanager. This was about the time I knew I had to sort my CC, so I followed the instructions to make a backup of my sims 4 folder and to rename the one in my electronic arts folder as Sims 4 Backup and start a new game. My issue was resolved but when I closed my game there was no new Sims 4 folder. 

So I guess my question now is how do I get a new Sims 4 folder, or how do I fix the load issue? (because I can live without the search bar, but I'd hate to lose all my households, builds and cc).

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 14 (1,053 Views)

Try making a family and saving that, see if that creates a new folder.

Other than that your issue sounds like this one:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FIXED-PATCH-1-24-102-Map-Reloading-PLEASE-POST-FEEDBACK/td-p/565...

But that should've been solved in a patch.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 14 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response! I just tried it, but unfortunately that didn't create a new folder for me either 

Message 3 of 14 (999 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @manonaaa11,

Where are you looking exactly for the new folder? Could you take a screenshot or copy us the location of the folder where you are checking? (For example: C:\Users\Mai\Documents\Electronic Arts )

Also, could you try to open Computer and use Windows search to search for a fine named ReticulatedSplines ? That file is part of the folder we are looking for so it could help us locate it.

-Mai

Message 4 of 14 (986 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure! C:\Users\Amber\Documents\Electronic Arts is where I've looked for it. Now all it says is Sims 3 and Sims 4 backup.

Also I've let my search run for about a good hour, but it doesn't seem to finish all the way through (I would say it gets stuck at the last percent) No signs of a file named reticulatedsplines so far  

Message 5 of 14 (972 Views)

★★★ Novice

After a full day of running the search I found two files named ReticulatedSplines, one in the backup Sims 4 folder I made on my desktop, and one in the renamed Sims 4 Backup folder in my documents. It's still not done, and I don't know why it's taking forever to complete.

Message 6 of 14 (937 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @manonaaa11,

You can stop that search and give the computer a rest Wink

The Windows user with which you were playing, is the same user in which you are now?

-Mai

Message 7 of 14 (929 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes it is, I only have one user on my computer

Message 8 of 14 (918 Views)

EA app Team

Ok @manonaaa11, could you please uninstall and install the game again?

Message 9 of 14 (907 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will I lose any of my builds and saves by uninstalling, or can I put them back later from my backup folder? Thanks for being so patient and helping out!

Message 10 of 14 (895 Views)