Re: Sims 4 won't load after update

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 won't load after update

★★★ Newbie

After I updated Sims 4 and Origin the game will not load correctly it was working fine the other day, and now it won't go past the Sims 4 plum-bob screen :mansad: 

Message 1 of 4 (1,430 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah me too kind-of... the only difference is with mine it's on the white background with the sims4 logo and just never loads to the press-play screen it's like it crashes and gets stuck ?? I have 64 bit win7 8 gig ram 4 core 3.5 ghz intel processor and a Msi  760 GTX graphics card and a Msi Z87 GD65 mobo so I would think my specs are okay for this game I could go for more ram but really don't know how it could be my comp.... I do have Custom content although i have had 0% trouble with it prior to the update... and I was really looking forward to get to work DX

Message 2 of 4 (1,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had exactly the same thing and have spent all day trying to see what the problem is. It is not my custom content as I have had no troubles with any of them in the past and it is not my computer even though it has been playing up recently, it has always loaded Sims 4 perfectly fine except build mode was not working and I couldn't save any of my progress without the whole thing crashing. Not sure if this was to do with my computer or the actual game. Origin automatically updated Sims with the latest update when it came out and now I cannot get into it at all and it wont go past the Sims 4 logo page at the start of game. The song that plays throughout the loading process plays for about a minute then as soon as that stops you are literally stuck on this page. I tried leaving it for a while to see if it would load but it just stayed on that page. I was looking forward to Get To Work so much but if I cant update the game without it crashing then why should I even bother buying it?

Message 3 of 4 (1,398 Views)

Hero

Please see this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Patch-3-26-and-custom-content-Endless-loading-and-Startup/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,392 Views)