Sims 4 won't launch

by harpersmommy23

Original Post

Sims 4 won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I was playing Sims 4 earlier today just fine. I come back to play this afternoon and the game won't launch at all when I press play. I've tried the repair option that was recommended, but still nothing. What do I do?

Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't launch

★★★ Expert

@harpersmommy23I moved this to The Sims 4 forum for you.

Do you have any mods or custom content if so please move you Mods folder to the desktop and see if the game launches now.

Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok that's a little strange. I was having the same problem here, and what you said worked. However, it only started doing this after the couple of most recent updates. I removed my mods from the past week in case any of them were malicious, but the game still wouldn't load with mods I've had in for a long time. I also looked back at each one, and none of them contain malware. So, does this mean I just can't use mods now or is there a way to get them back in? Because again, I know none of them come from untrustworthy sources.

Message 3 of 4 (293 Views)

★★★ Expert

Often when there is a game update, mods need to be updated to work again. You just have to let the creators of the mods know and wait for the update. You can't use the mods until they are updated.

Script mods and MC Command especially need updates quite often. You need to go to wherever you got them and see if they are updated.

Message 4 of 4 (283 Views)