Re: Sims 4 won't launch

by Dwappie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't launch

★ Novice

Dear Simmers,

After the latest sims 4 update that would help the crashes I'm unable to start my game. Whenever I hit the "play" button I get a message wether I want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. If I click yes nothing happens. 

Please if someone can help me? I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,

Dwappie

Message 1 of 7 (925 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Dwappie  That is a very long time for a repair, but that's been happening lately, for no apparent reason other than that Origin has been acting up.  Did you try deleting TS4_x64.exe?  I'm curious whether it made a difference.

You can try running Origin and Sims 4 as an admin: right-click on each shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  If that doesn't help, try disabling Kaspersky, just long enough to test the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (844 Views)

All Replies

@Dwappie  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, would you be willing to try a bit of an experiment?  If so, please go into the game's program files and delete TS4_x64.exe.  Unless you changed the default install location in Origin, the full file path will be:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.

Then clear Origin's cache and repair the game again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't put back TS4_x64.exe, please disable your antivirus, just long enough to repair again.  And if that does help, please let me know which antivirus you have installed—it would be useful to know which ones are producing this particular error.

Message 2 of 7 (894 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for responding.

I've tried repairing the game with the origin cache deleted. It didn't work though.

I can however click on the sims 4 icon on my desktop and the sims will launch if origin is closed.

I use Kaspersky anti-virus. I don't think that one is causing the problem since Ive only got this problem after the latest update.

Also it took me 4 hours to repair the game. Is this a normal amount of time?

Kind regards,

Dwappie

Message 3 of 7 (863 Views)

@Dwappie  That is a very long time for a repair, but that's been happening lately, for no apparent reason other than that Origin has been acting up.  Did you try deleting TS4_x64.exe?  I'm curious whether it made a difference.

You can try running Origin and Sims 4 as an admin: right-click on each shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  If that doesn't help, try disabling Kaspersky, just long enough to test the game.

Message 4 of 7 (845 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Thank you for your answer. I didn't delete the TS4_x64.exe but tried to run Origin as administrator first. This helpt. I can click the play button and the game will launch itself again. Thank you for your help! Standard smile

Kind regards,

Dwappie

Message 5 of 7 (831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it won’t let me right click my sims 4 it just continuously loads,i can run everything else as administrator except sims 4??

Message 6 of 7 (252 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (225 Views)