Sims 4 won´t launch

by maj8579

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won´t launch

★★ Novice

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4 AND Origin several times, but Sims 4 still won´t launch...

The weird part is that Sims 3 workes perfectly fine...

When I try to launch Sims 4, the screen turns black right before opening the main menu in Sims 4, and instead I´m back in Origin´s main menu...

I have also tried updating and reparing the game through Origin, but nothing seems to be working...

How do I fix this problem??

2 days ago I had no problems at all with Sims 4, and I wonder if the problem occurred because of the latest update or not...??

Please help me :-)

Message 1 of 8 (1,123 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won´t launch

Champion (Retired)

@maj8579 

Your Graphics driver is 5 years old. Please visit amd.com to update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,041 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@maj8579 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (1,110 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen I don´t have any Mods or CC, but thanks anyway. ;-)
Message 3 of 8 (1,099 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@maj8579 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

Message 4 of 8 (1,080 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope I did this right...? :-)

Message 5 of 8 (1,061 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@maj8579 

Your Graphics driver is 5 years old. Please visit amd.com to update.

Message 6 of 8 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Okay, I´ll try that. Thank you so much for all your help :-)
Message 7 of 8 (1,023 Views)

★ Apprentice

Did it work? :D

Message 8 of 8 (771 Views)