Re: Sims 4 won't launch with build mods

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 won't launch with build mods

★★★★★ Newbie

Just wondering if someone can help me.

Recently I downloaded some cc to decorate my Sim's house. It was working fine, even suspiciously not lagging and faster than before. Until the next day, I open my origin but the game won't open. Then I decided to reset the game and restore some cc. But, when I restored the cc I downloaded to decorate my Sims's house, the game won't open. But it's working fine with just the cc for my Sims. Can someone explain to me what's wrong with the build mods? 

(Pardon my bad English, English is not my first language 😥)

Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Vrixi02 

Every time the game is updated the CC and mods must be checked to see if they still work. It is up to the authors of Mods/CC to update their Mods/CC. Not all do this. So when the game receives an update you start by looking for updates to the Mods/CC you use or confirmation that they still work with the current patch level of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So am I suposed to check them one by one to see if they're still working with the new update?

Do you know an easy/simple way to do that?

Btw, does It mean if the creator doesn't update their cc/mods I can't use them anymore?

Thanks a lot for the response Heart

Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can use the 50/50 method. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
If a mod/CC is broken you need to wait for an update to use it again. Sometimes this never happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (332 Views)