Sims 4 won't launch since the last update- 2018

by marzaa21

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't launch since the last update- 2018

★★ Novice

Every time I try to open the game it just pops up an error that says that the game is unable to start because game data is missing or damaged. I've tried removing my mods, repairing the game, restarting my computer, and reinstalling the game and nothing has worked.

Message 1 of 17 (12,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't launch since the last update- 2018

★★ Novice

I found out that I didn't take out all of my mods, so I removed them and the game started working, but thank you Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (17,352 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@marzaa21

Try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Repair the game
  • Start Origin as administrator (right-click the icon and choose start as admin)
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 17 (12,127 Views)

★★ Novice

I found out that I didn't take out all of my mods, so I removed them and the game started working, but thank you Standard smile

Message 3 of 17 (17,353 Views)

★★ Novice
We’re ypu able to play with your mods and cc back in cause I NEED mine and when I try it doesn’t work
Message 4 of 17 (9,891 Views)

Hero
You need to update your cc/mods. Lots of them have already been updated. Just go to the places you downloaded them in the first place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (9,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So we cant have mods on sims anymore ?!

Message 6 of 17 (9,527 Views)

No @erikaemine you need to update mods. When the game updates mods tend to get outdated.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 17 (9,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My laptop is doing something similar. It's loading on but then I can't get to the page where it says either 'New Game' or 'Load Game'.
Message 8 of 17 (9,073 Views)

Have you tried the suggestions in this post? If so, make a new post so we can help you. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 17 (9,064 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi, I've got a problemo like that but It gets to the loading screen at the verrystart and after it sayd "MAXIS" it closes the window
Message 10 of 17 (8,205 Views)