Re: Sims 4 won't launch since the last update- 2018

by larsVeeke

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

do you have the extreme violence mod or his road to fame mod (both are same creator) ? if you do remove them till it is updated,that fixed mine problem.(his other mods you can find in his downloads are finethey don`t cause a crash)

Message 11 of 17 (975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are there any other mods that won't work with the recent update because I have the same issue with the game not going past the MAXIS screen. 

Message 12 of 17 (928 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There may well be so remove all Mods and CC. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 17 (922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Do you also get fully white loading screen? Your problem sounds similar to mine. At first my game seems to start normally until it has showed sims 4 logo and maxis logo but then the window closes and when I click back on loading game on desktop I only meet white loading screen that stays for hours. My game doesn't launch at all it just stays on fully white loading screen. This problem occured couple days ago, until then my game ran without problems :/

Message 14 of 17 (848 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kakka78

are you using any custom content or mods in your game ?

If not, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 17 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thank you for your reply but I already managed to fix the problem. I took my mods folder away and game works again :D

I'm still able to use the same cc and mods than before. I only transfered them from the old folder to the new one

Message 16 of 17 (815 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear it's solved.

If you run into issues again, skim through your mods, making sure you don't have anything incompatible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (798 Views)