Sims 4 won't launch (connectivity issues)

by themukund

Original Post

Sims 4 won't launch (connectivity issues)

★★★ Novice

I recently got The Sims 4 on my PC using the free deal. I installed through Origin and when it finished and I tried to open it comes up with this error:

error.PNG

I contacted EA Support multiple times and they all suggested me a different fix and none of them worked so I just gave up contacting them again. I really want to play this game so I appreciate any responses or solutions!

These are the steps I have done so far:

• Repaired game through Origin
  • Ran the game as administrator
  • Added game and folder to the exception list of antivirus 
  • Cleared Origin cache and clean booted PC  
  • Completely uninstalled and reinstalled Origin (including removing registry keys & program cache)

Please help ://

Message 1 of 11 (1,252 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't launch (connectivity issues)

★ Novice

I did all the same things, and made a new account to try and play this. Not working at all on my PC Frown 

Message 2 of 11 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Novice
I thought about creating a new account only after the deal expired and regretted not doing it. At least now I know that even that won't solve the problem Frown
Message 3 of 11 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@themukund 

@Jourdie13 

Check if your computer meets the requirements of the game
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC/...
Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"

Post here dxdiag of your computers
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 11 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 and I don't think it meets all of the minimum requirements. But a year or two ago I downloaded The Sims 4 free trial on a laptop that was worse than the one I have right now and although laggy, the game still ran so I am not sure why it doesn't now

I have attached the DxDiag you asked for 

Message 5 of 11 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@themukund

Check if there are new drivers for your gpu
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28289/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10
and look for new drivers for your graphics card

You have also a problem with updating your Windows Defender and it is blocking yours Windows updates
Select "Check for updates" in the Windows Security Virus & threat protection screen to check for the latest updates.
If it is done check if your Windows is up to date.
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update
Check also if your antivirus program or Windows Defender isn't blocking the game - add the game to the exceptions there
https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Message 6 of 11 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Novice
All GPU drivers are up to date, no updates available for Virus & Threat Protection or Windows. Added TS4.exe to controlled folder access bypass list. Still not working :/
Message 7 of 11 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

I created an error report on Origin: 0fd4b96b70061c60

Game still not working.

Message 8 of 11 (1,094 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@themukund - I noticed a couple of errors related to a student app called My Student Life. Is this a school laptop? You may have some restrictions installed that prevent gaming on this laptop; if that's the case, then you might have to contact the school network administrator to see if you can get the proper permissions unlocked. You could try installing Origin on a friend's computer and see if you can run it from there, just to test.

Some other things to try: Set Origin.exe and TS4_64.exe to "Run As Administrator"

Please make sure you are not using a proxy: 

• Open Network & Internet settings
  • Click on Proxy settings - bottom of the left column
  • Make sure Automatically Detect Settings is ON
  • Turn OFF Use Setup Script and Manual Proxy Setup

You may have to also reset Internet Explorer settings to completely remove any proxy

Flush your DNS cache  

Reboot your router or modem. Log out of Origin completely and then log back in. Make sure you are using the correct account and password. Then try to launch TS4 again.

Please reply back and let us know how this goes. If it doesn't work, let us know any error messages you are getting. Fingers crossed

Message 9 of 11 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey, thanks for replying
I do use the laptop for school but it's not owned by them. The restrictions are only placed when I connect to the school network. The My Study Life app isn't associated with the school and was my for my own personal use, but I now deleted the app but the game still didn't run.
Origin and Sims 4 are both already on 'run as administrator'
I am not using a proxy but when I tried to flush the DNS cache, an error of "the requested operation requires elevation" appears after the ipconfig/registerdns function. I am not sure how to get past this so please help
Message 10 of 11 (1,056 Views)