Sims 4 won't launch because of mods (PC)

by SageKnight333

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't launch because of mods (PC)

★★★★★ Newbie

Game won't start because of mods even AFTER I repaired it on Origin and cleared the cache. Error code de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b

The game only launches when I take out my mods folder. Nothing is broken because it was running just fine a few hours ago. I have my mods folder separated into sub-folders and even though I took out all my CC and mods individually, the game still can't launch. I don't understand since it was running just fine earlier. I have about 6GB of mods/CC and I have taken out all the preview/swatch pictures from the folders as well.

Message 1 of 3 (1,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't launch because of mods (PC)

Hero
@SageKnight333 Could you try the suggestions here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/02/cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,498 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SageKnight333 Could you try the suggestions here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/02/cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,499 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I did that yesterday, but I tried it again in smaller quantities today (I have 6 GB of CC so it was a lot trying to sort through everything). I figured out the issue, it was Linacherie CC of her potting shed recolors and conversions. 

Message 3 of 3 (1,485 Views)