Sims 4 won't go online

by love1D303

Original Post

Sims 4 won't go online

★★★ Newbie

When I start my sims 4 game, it is impossible to connect with the internet, therefore I can't play online anymore.
It worked before, but suddenly stopped working.
My origin is working and online, but my Sims 4 game won't connect with origin.
What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 32 (115,897 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't go online

★★★★★ Expert

love1D303 ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client,
You need to do this> add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

Make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 32 (115,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of it is working

Message 3 of 32 (115,575 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Go in Game Options and unchecked the "online" box. Hit apply changes. Then  rechecked the box and hit apply again.I hope this helps youConfusedmileyhappy:

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 32 (115,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

followed all the advice given and NONE of that works. I am very upset with this situation because it happened after an update by Origin and now it just is so frustrating to play a game that really you can't play fully any more. I sure hope you come up with a fix for this soon because the number of dissatisfied Sims 4 players on line is growing!

Message 5 of 32 (112,393 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 6 of 32 (111,099 Views)

★★ Novice

where's the game options box and how do I get to it?

Message 7 of 32 (109,552 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I had been playing this morning with no problems and a few hours later I got an error saying that I had to be on line to open the gallery. I was able to fix it by restarting the computer. Simple fix but it worked for me.

Message 8 of 32 (109,537 Views)

★★ Novice

Today I started the game and I had this problem.. I'm really angry because I have bought game pack few hours ago.. Frown

Message 9 of 32 (106,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, I bought an expansion pack, installed and now Sims4 won't connect to the internet. 

Message 10 of 32 (106,229 Views)